Setting up ArchLINUX on BeagleBone Black – Part 1

Today I decided to give Archlinux a whirl with my BeagleBone Black board. Its a little more complicated to get it up and running compared to default suppported Angstrom distribution and generic GNU/LINUX distros, but it helps me save a lot of space. Instructions are listed on arch linux arm website at but I noticed that the download links go  down quiet often so you might have to try a couple of times to get the download complete.

The Initial install occupies 28% of mmc storage compared to around 65% for angstrom, leaving lot of space for me to play around in! 🙂 As long as I can find a good wifi driver for the tiny usb wifi dongle I bought, I will stick to this distro for my UAV project.

More on the adventures if things go as planned.

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *